Wednesday 23 May 2018

Carta Bella Spring Market

Hello. Karen here with my second project this month using Carta Bella's beautiful Spring Market collection.



Although I didn't actually use the Rainboots patterned paper on my layout I loved the flower filled wellies printed on the paper and this was the inspiration for a layout featuring a photo of my daughter about to play in some puddles.


I die cut, using a cut file from the Silhouette Studio, a pair of wellies from the pink patterned paper. I backed the open parts with the reverse side of the Wreath Decor paper and some green Bazzill cardstock. If you don't have access to a die cutting machine you could instead find a picture of some wellies on the internet (colouring pages are ideal) and use that as a template to hand cut some wellies.


I trimmed a sheet of Garden Gingham paper to roughly 11.5", distressed the edged and matted this onto a sheet of deep pink Bazzill cardstock. I machine stitched round two of the edges using gold thread.

So that my photo could be tucked underneath some of the flowers printed on the Garden Gingham paper, I sliced round the edges of some of the flowers using a craft knife.


My wellies were stuck on the right side of the page and were 'filled' with lots of flowers and leaves  which were fussy cut from the Market Floral paper. Some of the flowers were popped-up on 3D foam and sequins were added to the centres of the flowers for extra interest.


To complete my layout I used a mixture of die cut letters and some stickers from Simple Stores collections for my title which was a quote found on Pinterest.


Thank you for looking. Please do have a look at this collection and all the other lovely goodies at the Papermaze shop - you won't be disappointed. Karen x

3 comments:

Anita said...

Oh WOW! Absolutely gorgeous page Karen, really clever. Love the title and everything about it xxx

Lynn said...

This is amazing Karen, what a lovely idea. I have some of this paper - its lovely. xxx

Karen said...

Thank you. x